HBase >> mail # dev >> Finding some PreCommit Green

+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-13, 18:24
+
Stack 2012-12-13, 19:01
Re: Finding some PreCommit Green
For #3526, I think it's marked wrong because one test timeouted. This is
not really well managed in surefire today.
I actually hope that the next version (2.13) will improve this.

I think that we also have builds marked as bad with this:

    {color:red}-1 javadoc{color}.  The javadoc tool appears to have
generated 104 warning messages.
    {color:red}-1 findbugs{color}.  The patch appears to introduce 23
new Findbugs (version 1.3.9) warnings.

And IIRC, it's actually bugs in the build scripts.

For sure, any improvement here would be great.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Every build in recent history run by the PreCommit job [0] has failed. For
> some of them, this is the usual suspect of a patch not applying cleanly.
> But for many, the issue looks like a simple configuration issue. Case in
> point, this one [1] looks like Jenkins simply failed to read a value from
> the JIRA. Scroll to the very bottom, you'll see what I mean. Is there a way
> to set a default value for this field on the Jenkins side (something like
> empty string, perhaps)?
>
> A CI system is only as good as it is reliable...
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>
> [0]: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/
> [1]: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/3526/consoleText