HDFS >> mail # user >> Hadoop Pseudo-configuration

Hadoop Pseudo-configuration
Hi,
I am not able to install Apache Hadoop in a Pseudo-distributed mode on a
CentOS operating system (which I have installed on a VMPlayer).

I am following the Hadoop officieal installation guide (
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/quickstart.html ) and have been able
to run it in a Standalone mode. But, nxt step I tried was to run it in a
pseudo-distributed mode. I followed the below steps as in the above docs
but the below statemetn gave in an exception.
   $ bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'

The above statement keeps on running till I give a bin/stop-all.sh command
from another terminal to kill the process and in the result I see an
*Java.IO.Exception: Call to localhost:127.0.0.1:9000 failed at local
exception.*

 Please advise what is the error that could be giving this exception.

 Regards,

Shagun Bhardwaj
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-15, 06:39