Sqoop, mail # user - HSQLDB issue with null strings

+
redshift-etl-user 2013-11-15, 21:29
Re: HSQLDB issue with null strings
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-11-18, 01:47
Hi sir,
would you mind sharing with us more details about your use case? Sqoop and HSQLDB versions, command that you're using, log generated by Sqoop with parameter --verbose. Perhaps even a simplified data that will cause this behaviour?

Jarcec

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 01:29:36PM -0800, redshift-etl-user wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the "--null-string" option to control the value of null string
> columns for imports. I've tested this with MySQL and Postgres and it seems
> to work fine. However, when I try with HSQLDB, it seems to ignore this
> option and just return an empty string for nulls. In fact, when the
> "--null-string" option isn't present it's supposed to return the string
> "null" according to the spec, and it returns an empty string in this case
> as well.
>
> Could someone else confirm this behavior? Seems like a bug.
>
> Thanks!
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-11-22, 19:24
+