MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Differences between 'mapped' and 'mapreduce' packages

Re: Differences between 'mapped' and 'mapreduce' packages
I am a little new to the hadoop world. But based on my readings and
understanding thus far, there is not much functionality difference. Only
difference is new API allows you to implement push and pull mechanisms in
your map/reduce tasks as against push in old API. Mapper has been changed
to super class as against interface, so more functionality could be added
without affecting clients.

Please see,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7598422/is-it-better-to-use-the-mapred-or-the-mapreduce-package-to-create-a-hadoop-job