Hadoop >> mail # user >> MapReduce - Libjars

Re: MapReduce - Libjars
Hello Karan,

Did you read this article

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/01/how-to-include-third-party-libraries-in-your-map-reduce-job/

You can have external jars in lib directory in your jar while packaging
your jar
or you can use DistributedCache<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/filecache/DistributedCache.html>
.

The syntax for doing with libjars is something like this

hadoop jar myjar.jar com.driver.ClassName -libjars
/home/thirdparty/grearJar.jar

It would be available at ${mapred.local.dir}/taskTracker/archive/${user.name
}/distcache/

Read that Cloudera article it would give you idea about number of ways of
doing it.

Besides this one previous discussion can also be helpful.
http://search-hadoop.com/m/gKLlP1hMjp21

Regards,

Jagat Singh