Sqoop >> mail # dev >> binary backwards compatibility broken

Re: binary backwards compatibility broken
Yes, as part of SQOOP-397, the switch "hadoopversion" is introduced to
build against either Hadoop 0.20 (from CDH) or Hadoop 0.23 (from Apache).
 For example, to test against 0.20, use

ant test -Dhadoopversion=20

To test against 0.23, use

ant test -Dhadoopversion=23

By default, it builds against 0.23, which is different from the previous
0.20.  The following example will test against 0.23,

ant test

Because of certain incompatibility between 0.20 and 0.23, it
is recommended to do an "ant clean" first whenever version is switched.