Flume, mail # user - Re: Flume workflow design

Re: Flume workflow design
Wolfgang Hoschek 2013-07-18, 22:51
Take a look at these options:

- HBase Sinks (send data into HBase):

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hbasesinks

- Apache Flume Morphline Solr Sink (for heavy duty ETL processing and ingestion into Solr):

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#morphlinesolrsink

- Apache Flume MorphlineInterceptor (for light-weight event annotations and routing):

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#morphline-interceptor

- For MapReduce jobs it is typically more straightforward and efficient to send data directly to destinations, i.e. without going through Flume. For example using the MapReduceIndexerTool when going from HDFS into Solr:

https://github.com/cloudera/search/tree/master/search-mr

Wolfgang.