Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Replication Factor Modification

+
Bejoy Ks 2012-09-05, 18:38
Re: Replication Factor Modification
Replication factor is per-file, and is a client-side property. So, this is
doable.

1. Change the replication factor of all existing files (or needed ones):

$ hadoop fs -setrep -R <value> /

2. Change the dfs.replication parameter in all client configs to the
desired <value>

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Uddipan Mukherjee <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi, ****
>
>  ****
>
>    We have a requirement where we have change our Hadoop Cluster's
> Replication Factor without restarting the Cluster. We are running our
> Cluster on Amazon EMR.****
>
>  ****
>
> Can you please suggest the way to achieve this? Any pointer to this will
> be very helpful.****
>
>  ****
>
> Thanks And Regards****
>
> Uddipan Mukherjee****