From: anil gupta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Just joined the user group and have a question

Hi Chalcy,

In addition to points others have made. Also have a look at your Disk I/O load. Mapreduce jobs are disk i/o intensive. When a MapReduce job is running there might be a contention for Disk i/o. Contention in Disk i/o might lead to request timeouts in HBase. Hence, you will start having trouble with HBase cluster.
It's little to tricky to get HBase and MapReduce going on the same cluster due to the completely different nature of MapReduce and HBase. Former is batch processing and latter is near real-time processing. If you happen to run them on one cluster then you will have to sacrifice the performance of any one of them. Both of them cannot be optimized.

HTH,
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,