MapReduce >> mail # user >> Secondary JobTracker

Re: Secondary JobTracker
The function of a Secondary NameNode is to take checkpoints, not
failover. If you are looking for HA JobTracker (not yet available) or
Recoverable JobTracker functionality (already present today IIRC),
look at the parent JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2288 for some ideas
that were floated around.

In any case, JobTracker is an MR1 component and does not exist anymore
in the 2.x releases, and the primary goal right now is to have the
YARN's RM go HA, as tracked by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-149 and associated JIRAs.

--
Harsh J