Accumulo >> mail # user >> querying the tablet server for given row (to get locality)?

+
Sukant Hajra 2012-07-01, 02:23
Re: querying the tablet server for given row (to get locality)?
A tablet will contain at minimum one row. So, if you shard/partition,
eventually your data will grow to the point that each tablet will
essentially be one row.
On Jul 1, 2012 2:17 PM, "Sukant Hajra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been considering using distributed messaging service (Akka in my
> case).
> To get some throughput on ingesting data, I was going to shard computation
> across multiple servers, but the backend is still Accumulo.
>
> What bothers me is that I don't know the mapping from row IDs to tablet
> servers, so every one of my nodes is talking ostensibly to every tablet
> server,
> which is a lot of needless network traffic.
>
> What I'd really like to do is collocate my computation on the relevant
> tablet
> server to get the same benefits of locality Accumulo gets with HDFS.
>
> I feel Accumulo has to have this information internally, but I haven't dug
> deeply into the source to see if it's exposed to Accumulo clients.  Is it
> there?  If it is exposed, is it supported?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Sukant

+
Eric Newton 2012-07-01, 18:40