HDFS, mail # user - How to speed up Hadoop?

+
Sundeep Kambhampati 2013-09-06, 00:41
+
Harsh J 2013-09-06, 02:38
Re: How to speed up Hadoop?
Chris Embree 2013-09-06, 00:51
I think you just went backwards.   more replicas (generally speaking) are
better.

I'd take 60 cheap, 1 U servers over 20 "highly fault tolerant" ones for
almost every problem.  I'd get them for the same or less $ too.
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Sundeep Kambhampati <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I am looking for ways to configure Hadoop inorder to speed up data
> processing. Assuming all my nodes are highly fault tolerant, will making
> data replication factor 1 speed up the processing? Are there some way to
> disable failure monitoring done by Hadoop?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> -Sundeep

+
Preethi Vinayak Ponangi 2013-09-06, 00:57
+
Sundeep Kambhampati 2013-09-06, 01:16
+
Sundeep Kambhampati 2013-09-06, 01:16