HBase, mail # dev - VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]

+
Stack 2013-04-03, 05:12
+
Elliott Clark 2013-04-03, 08:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-03, 14:33
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-03, 15:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-03, 16:33
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-03, 16:04
+
Stack 2013-04-03, 16:37
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-03, 16:56
+
Stack 2013-04-03, 16:38
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-04-03, 17:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-04-03, 17:11
+
Stack 2013-04-03, 17:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-03, 17:55
+
Stack 2013-04-03, 18:16
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-03, 18:27
Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-04, 15:20
I ran the performances tests against 0.95.0RC1.

While filteredScan, read and writes got nice improvements (18% faster
for the reads), scans seems to be negatively impacted (32% slower for
scanRange100).

Results are there:
http://www.spaggiari.org/media/blogs/hbase/pdf/performances_20130404.pdf

I have just restarted scanRange100 to validate the numbers.

JM

2013/4/3 Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I think that sounds good.
>
> On Wednesday, April 3, 2013, Stack wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Then what if we do not provide native binary convenience artifacts and
>> > instead print an INFO level log message, should they be missing, which
>> > points to a book chapter on compiling and installing them?
>> >

>> Yes.  For now, I could just fill out the section in refguide on mlockall
>> since that the only native lib we ship?
>> St.Ack
>>

> --
> Best regards,