Accumulo >> mail # user >> "Got a split from a server we don't recognize: localhost:9997"

Re: "Got a split from a server we don't recognize: localhost:9997"
It sounds like your cluster configuration isn't using DNS properly.

How many hosts? Are your masters/slaves files using IP addresses or names?

--
Sean