Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc2
Roman,

you are compiling on 64 bit machines?

> not only make it impossible to build the right version
> of container executor without hand-editing the pom.xml,

The idea was to have 32 bit binary all the time, can you let us know
what issue you are facing. During the build itself?

> but also make it impossible to deploy the secure
> version of hadoop without additional burden of installing
> 32bit legacy support on all the slave nodes.

Again, what do you mean by this? You mean you will have to install all
32 bit dependencies that the container-executor may have on all nodes?
AFAIU, if you have a single 32bit lib/binary on a 64 bit machine, you
don't need any other 32bit lib dependencies. Please correct me if I am
wrong. Myself cannot test it exactly like the way you are testing as I
don't have access to nodes which don't have 32bits installed, so more
specific details are helpful.

Thanks,
+Vinod