Hi Flume Community,

It has come up a couple of times that we should fully remove (or at least
shade) Guava from Flume, but unfortunately it's part of our public API
[1,2,3].
As a first step I worked on FLUME-2957 [4] and created a pull request [5].
Mike has already reviewed it, thanks for that. As he pointed out it is a
breaking change thus it can be included in Flume 2.0 release only.

Flume 2.0 will be a good opportunity to introduce other breaking changes as
well, so we might want to start collecting the features, improvements,
other possible changes.

What do you think?

Best,
Denes