I don't have any objections to that, but I have to wonder if it makes sense
to update the guidelines to actually not have to squash commits. I think
the reason we needed to squash those commits was that we were originally on
SVN and having multiple commits didn't make much sense in SVN. It is easy
to track history with a single commit, but that looks to be the case anyway
(I just see 1 merge commit, which is fine - it is an artifact of pull
request merges).

That said, I don't have an objection to force-pushing, we just need to make
sure no history is lost.