Hi Hari,

Thank you for your answer.
I think having one single commit with a structured commit message belonging
to one Jira ticket has several benefits:
- it makes it easier to cherry-pick/backport fixes to release branches
- simplifies the commit history and avoids having different ways for
different committers to merge the changes
- makes it possible to give credit to the authors and reviewers

So I suggest to keep the squash-before-pushing policy but I'm open for more
inputs, recommendations as well.

Best,
Denes

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:55 PM Hari Shreedharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>