From: Mike Percy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Dienstag, 13. Februar 2018 04:30
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Merge of patch in Flume-3021?

Hi Helmut,
I see that I neglected to follow up on the other thread on this topic after your reply about SolrServer missing from the solrj jar. Let me ask around w/ some folks I know that work on Solr and see if there is any way to retain the SolrServer for our tests after upgrading to the new version.

Thank you very much for working on upgrading Solr. Would you mind submitting a pull request with your (apparently work-in-progress) patch to upgrade both Solr and ES?

To reply to your email in this thread, the JAR packaging situation is largely the same after merging FLUME-2957 so unfortunately most of what I noted in my reply in the other thread ( https://s.apache.org/GqcX ) still holds.

I hope that we can upgrade the Solr dependencies as part of the same commit as the ES dependencies to avoid worrying about which lucene jar is first in the classpath, and ensure we are not adding any additional dependency conflicts to mvn dependency:tree.

Regards,
Mike

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:54 AM, Wahrmann, Helmut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>