Hi,

Do we have a way of storing a password safely, i.e. not in clear text?
When e.g. an Elasticsearch cluster is protected by X-Pack Security, I need to specify a userid / password when connecting.
The userid / password could be specified in the config, but then the password would be available in readable form.

Do we have other sinks or sources, where we are dealing with passwords and were a suitable method exists?

best regards,

Helmut