Can you, please confirm that my understanding is correct?
I am looking at the documentation on low level joins https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/process_function.html#low-level-joins <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/process_function.html#low-level-joins>
And the example there.
When we are doing KeyBy and then Process, Flink maintains an instance per key and makes sure that that for a given key an instance for this key is used. Correct?
It mean that the value state for a given key is maintained by Flink and in my code I do not need to worry about a key value.
In my code I can use ValueState and assume that Flink will keep track of it on per key fashion.

Boris Lublinsky
FDP Architect
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://www.lightbend.com/