HDFS, mail # user - RE: cluster set-up / a few quick questions

RE: cluster set-up / a few quick questions
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-26, 18:47
Andy, many thanks.

I am stuck here now so please put me in the right direction.

I successfully ran a job on a cluster on foo1 in pseudo-distributed mode and are now trying to try fully-dist'ed one.

a. I created another instance foo2 on EC2. Installed hadoop on it and copied conf/  folder from foo1 to foo2. I created  /hadoop/dfs/data folder on the local linux system on foo2.

b. on foo1 I created file conf/slaves and added:
localhost
<hostname-of-foo2>

At this point I cannot find an answer on what to do next.

I started NN, DN, SNN, JT, TT on foor1. After I ran "hadoop fsck /user/bar -files -blocks -locations", it showed # of datanode as 1.  I was expecting DN and TT on foo2 to be started by foo1. But it didn’t happen, so I started them myself and tried the the command again. Still  one DD.
I realise that boo2 has no data at this point but I could not find bin/start-balancer.sh script to help me to balance data over to DD from foo1 to foo2.

What do I do next?

Thanks
AK