Avro >> mail # user >> Design decision question about the Avro Java API

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 04:02
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 18:09
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 18:17
+
Tatu Saloranta 2013-02-27, 18:34
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 18:42
+
Tatu Saloranta 2013-02-27, 19:00
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 18:45
Re: Design decision question about the Avro Java API
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Well, to have user code be aware that it can fail, for one ;)
>
> Nearly any API call can fail.  Perhaps we should add it to the throws
> clause of the method, so it's better documented and more folks think
> to catch it?

Yes, I think that would be a nice to-have -- and a warning that this
exception is unchecked, too?

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com