Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Need rank()

Re: Need rank()
On Apr 2, 2013, at 12:59 , Edward Capriolo wrote:

> I feel your pain I do not have time to look at the project ATM. However trying to do Java development these days without understanding git, or maven is fairly impossible, most projects depend on N others that depend on M others. So trying to even compile the code outside of maven requires a lot of manually fetching jar etc. Your better off taking a day and getting good with maven, IMHO. You will be dealing with it for the foreseeable future.
I agree.  I'll cozy up with it first chance I get...but sometimes you're on a deadline and have to go for the low-hanging fruit.  I fully understand the motivation behind your approach.  I'll circle back around it when I get some free time.

Cheers!

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                           --  Galileo Galilei