Hadoop >> mail # user >> mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-03-10, 01:32
+
Chen He 2012-03-10, 02:16
Re: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working
Adding on to Chen's response.

This is a setting meant at Task Tracker level(environment setting based on parameters like your CPU cores, memory etc) and you need to override the same at each task tracker's mapred-site.xml and restart the TT daemon for changes to be in effect.

Regards
Bejoy K S

From handheld, Please excuse typos.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chen He <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:16:23
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working

you set the " mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum " in your job means
nothing. Because Hadoop mapreduce platform only checks this parameter when
it starts. This is a system configuration.

  You need to set it in your conf/mapred-site.xml file and restart your
hadoop mapreduce.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum set to 2 in my job and I have 5
> nodes. I was expecting this to have only 10 concurrent jobs. But I have 30
> mappers running. Does hadoop ignores this setting when supplied from the
> job?

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-03-10, 17:14