Pig >> mail # user >> ERROR 1071: Cannot convert a generic_writablecomparable to a String

+
Niels Basjes 2013-07-10, 19:37
+
Niels Basjes 2013-07-10, 19:51
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-07-10, 20:01
Re: ERROR 1071: Cannot convert a generic_writablecomparable to a String
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Pradeep Gollakota <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Instead of doing "values.add((Text) value);" try doing
> "values.add(value.toString());" (And make sure that values is of type
> List<String> instead of List<Text>)
>
> I'm not too sure of the details but the problem seems to be that you're
> trying to cast a GenericWritableComparable (i.e. Text) into String
> (chararray).

Yes, that worked. Thanks.
Apparently I've been programming MR jobs in native Java for too long ;)

Niels Basjes