Hive >> mail # user >> FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException

Re: FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException
I wonder if the message is misleading. Could there be a problem with the metastore.

1. MySQL isn't running or the JDBC connection is wrong.
2. You upgraded to a newer Hive and didn't migrate the metadata
3. ...?

I'm speculating here. Perhaps the logs have useful info.

Dean

Sent from my rotary phone.