HBase, mail # dev - reason to do major compaction after split

Re: reason to do major compaction after split
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 21:14
We do not have to created references to references. We can find the
original file, and directly create a ref at the grand daughters. The messy
part, is in the cleanup for parent region, where we have to recursively
search for all successors to decide whether we can delete this region, and
delete the hfile.