HBase >> mail # user >> deploy saleforce phoenix coprocessor to hbase/lib??

deploy saleforce phoenix coprocessor to hbase/lib??
Hi,

Since this is not a hbase system level jar, instead, it is more like user code, should we deploy it under hbase/lib?  It seems we can use "alter" to add the coprocessor for a particular user table.  So I can put the jar file any place that is accessible, e.g. hdfs:/myPath?

My customer said, there is no need to run 'aler' command. Instead, as long as I put the jar into hbase/lib, then when phoenix client make read call, it will add the the coprocessor attr into that table being read. It is kind of suspicious. Does the phoenix client call a "alter" under cover for the client  already?

Anyone knows about this?

Thanks
Tian-Ying
+