Hive >> mail # user >> Question about query result storage

RE: Question about query result storage
You can always do something like
INSERT OVERWRITE LOCAL DIRECTORY '/path/....' SELECT [....] FROM [....]
which saves the result set on to the given path.
Check Hive wiki for more info.https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted