Pig >> mail # user >> Writing to rcfile

Re: Writing to rcfile
Elephantbird has support RCFile storage. current version supports storing
Thrift and Protobufs.

You can try prototype implementation
RCFilePigStorage.java<https://github.com/rangadi/elephant-bird/blob/rcfile_pig_storage/src/java/com/twitter/elephantbird/pig/store/RCFilePigStorage.java>,
it can be used in place of PigStorage(). This is not yet committed, will
likely be included in next release (
https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird/pull/206)

usage :
  register 'libs/*hive-common*.jar; -- hive-common for RCFile
  register 'libs/*hive-exec*.jar;  -- hive-exec for RCFile
  register 'libs/*protobuf-java*.jar; -- protobuf-java should not be
required, but for now it is.

  a = load 'x.txt' as (a, b);
  store a into 'output' using RCFilePigStorage();