Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ZOOKEEPER-1732 workaround?

ZOOKEEPER-1732 workaround?
We've just hit ZOOKEEPER-1732 (server cannot join an established ensemble
with quorum) and are trying to find a workaround since we do not have that
patch applied. Has anyone had any success working around this issue?
Perhaps restarting all ZK servers to force a new round of leader election?
Any other ideas? Really appreciate any advice...

Thanks!