Avro >> mail # user >> Why is there no way to get the number of bytes encoded?

Why is there no way to get the number of bytes encoded?
I'm really puzzled by the C++ API - I must be missing something.

When I `avro::encode(encoder, datum)`, how can I get the number of
bytes this has produced on the output stream?

Is there another API I can use that will tell me the number of bytes?

Thanks,
Manuel