Hive >> mail # user >> cli timeouts

Hey Hive gurus -

Does anyone know how the CLI handles metastore connection timeouts? It
seems if I leave a CLI session idle more than
hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout seconds then run "show tables",
the cli hangs for the timeout then throws a SocketTimeoutException.
Restarting the CLI and running the same "show tables" always works.

Does anyone else see this? My hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout is
set to 60 - is that a reasonable value?

--travis
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-08-01, 18:31