Kafka >> mail # user >> accessing stats programmatically (instead of via jmx)

accessing stats programmatically (instead of via jmx)
Hi,

I would like to expose some of the kafka stats that appear in the current
kafka jmx mbeans.

In our system we are using the yammer metrics library (instead of polling
jmx), so I'd like to wrap the stats and expose them as yammer metrics
elements, etc.

Looking at the code, it doesn't seem easy to access the stats
programmatically, other than by just creating an internal jmx client within
the app and pulling out the values that way.  Is there an easier way?

Jason