Pig, mail # dev - Current "patch available' and open issues

+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-09-03, 00:01
+
Bill Graham 2012-09-03, 03:49
+
Bill Graham 2012-09-04, 17:42
Re: Current "patch available' and open issues
Alan Gates 2012-09-04, 17:59
+1.  I think we'll also need to work on training contributors to change the state to Patch Available, as I find a lot of JIRAs in the open state that are ready for review.

Alan.

On Sep 4, 2012, at 10:42 AM, Bill Graham wrote:

> HCatalog is having a similar discussion and has opened this JIRA to have a
> daily patch available report sent to hcatalog-dev:

> I'd like to file another similar issue to set this up for Pig unless there
> are objections.
>

> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Bill Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> At the meetup we discussed setting up a daily (weekly?) digest email
>> showing what JIRAs are 'patch available'. I think this would be a great way
>> to be reminded of what's patches need review. I dug around jira a bit and
>> couldn't figure out how to set this up. Alan, did you mention that you knew
>> a way to do this?
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> Here's a link to a almost 40 JIRAs where patches are available.
>>> We should review them and either close as won't fix, drop "patch
>>> available" if the patch doesn't pass muster, or commit.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIG+AND+status+%3D+%22Patch+Available%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>>>
>>> Also, here's a link to currently open issues (539 of them!):
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIG+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC%2C+priority+DESC
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Dmitriy
>>>

>> --
>> *Note that I'm no longer using my Yahoo! email address. Please email me
>> at [EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-09-04, 18:42