Hadoop >> mail # user >> Can the /tmp directory be cleaned?

Can the /tmp directory be cleaned?
Hi all,
We have many Hadoop, Hbase, Pig jobs running and strangely the /tmp
directory is also building in size. Out default filesystem is limited in
memory so can we go ahead and delete the contents?

Thanks.

--
Regards-
Pavan