HDFS, mail # dev - how can we know the statistics of namenode and datanode using API's

Re: how can we know the statistics of namenode and datanode using API's
Brian Bockelman 2010-06-11, 12:45
Hey Vidur,

Do you need to access it directly in Java, or can you just parse them out of (for example) Ganglia?  There are JMX statistics, but I am not familiar enough with JMX at the code level to give you decent advise.

Brian