HDFS >> mail # dev >> how can we know the statistics of namenode and datanode using API's

Re: how can we know the statistics of namenode and datanode using API's
Hey Vidur,

Do you need to access it directly in Java, or can you just parse them out of (for example) Ganglia?  There are JMX statistics, but I am not familiar enough with JMX at the code level to give you decent advise.

Brian