Hadoop >> mail # user >> number of map and reduce task does not change in M/R program

number of map and reduce task does not change in M/R program
Hi all.. I have a question.. I have a mapreduce program that get input from
cassandra. my input is a little big, about 100000000 data. my problem is
that my program takes too long to process, but I think mapreduce is good
and fast for large volume of data. so I think maybe I have problems in
number of map and reduce tasks.. I set the number of map and reduce asks
with JobConf, with Job, and also in conf/mapred-site.xml, but I don't see
any changes.. in my logs at first there is map 0% reduce 0% and after about
2 hours working it shows map 1% reduce 0%..!! what should I do? please Help
me I really get confused...
+
Amr Shahin 2013-10-19, 22:19
+