HDFS, mail # user - Re: DFS filesystem used for Standalone and Pseudo-Distributed operation

Re: DFS filesystem used for Standalone and Pseudo-Distributed operation
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-17, 13:58
Hello Glen,

     Pl find my comments embedded below :

1.) The Standalone Operation (http://hadoop.apache.org/**
docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.**html#Local<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.html#Local>),
just to confirm, can run without any DFS filesystem?  (We're not being
asked to run "bin/hadoop namenode -format" for it.)
>>Yes. You don't need HDFS for this.
2.) For Pseudo-Distributed Operation (http://hadoop.apache.org/**
docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.**html#PseudoDistributed<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.html#PseudoDistributed>),
where we are instructed to run "bin/hadoop namenode -format", question: how
do I undo whatever that command does?  I.e., how do I delete that
distributed file system created as well as remove from Hadoop any knowledge
of its prior existence -- do I have to manually delete files with OS
commands (what do I remove?) or is there some type of "bin/hadoop namenode
-delete" command that undoes the "-format" command?
>>You can reformat the NameNode or manually delete the directories holding
the data and the metadata.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/