Accumulo, mail # dev - Generic Supertypes/Pluggable Client

+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-07-05, 11:59
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-05, 12:39
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-05, 13:50
+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-07-05, 14:38
+
Keith Turner 2013-07-05, 17:13
+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-07-05, 14:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-07-05, 16:40
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-05, 17:07
+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-07-05, 17:31
Re: Generic Supertypes/Pluggable Client
Ed Kohlwey 2013-07-05, 17:27
> It would be very nice if the types you mentioned were more consistent
> across the API.  Personally I would like to see byte[] and ByteSequence
> fully supported across all of the APIs related to reading and writing data.
>   We added support for byte[] to mutation in 1.5. Thinking back, we should
> have added support for ByteSequence too.
+1. If we make everything tie back to ByteSequence and make the
serialization/deserialization logic pluggable, then everyone will be happy.
Do you have any ideas based on the sketch I included that would help make
this better for all types, not just byte[]?
+
Christopher 2013-07-05, 20:29
+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-07-08, 14:22