Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Generic Supertypes/Pluggable Client

Re: Generic Supertypes/Pluggable Client
> It would be very nice if the types you mentioned were more consistent
> across the API.  Personally I would like to see byte[] and ByteSequence
> fully supported across all of the APIs related to reading and writing data.
>   We added support for byte[] to mutation in 1.5. Thinking back, we should
> have added support for ByteSequence too.
+1. If we make everything tie back to ByteSequence and make the
serialization/deserialization logic pluggable, then everyone will be happy.
Do you have any ideas based on the sketch I included that would help make
this better for all types, not just byte[]?