Zookeeper >> mail # user >> using observers for failover

using observers for failover
We have a 3 node cluster which as I understand it means we can survive the
failure of a single node.  We have a 4th machine available and I'm
wondering if I can run zk as an observer on that node and have it take over
in the case of the failure of one of the regular nodes?

If that doesn't make sense can anyone answer the more general question of
how to deal with multiple node failure?

Thanks,

Brian Tarbox

--