Sqoop, mail # dev - Line length question

Re: Line length question
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-01-05, 18:21
Hi Lars,

In the past we have stuck to the 80 characters rule for all text
files. However, the checkstyle plugin that is used to enforce this
only looks at the Java source files.

In order to change the limit from 80 to 100/120 - we would need to
call a vote. My personal opinion is -0 on this since I work on
different projects all of which use the 80 char limit. Changing this
for one of the project will be a tad annoying. However, if there is
consensus I will be happy to adopt that standard.

Thanks,
Arvind