Bigtop, mail # user - old information in README file

+
Martin Bukatovic 2013-07-19, 14:25
+
Lewis John Mcgibbney 2013-07-19, 15:14
+
Jay Vyas 2013-07-19, 15:51
Re: old information in README file
Lewis John Mcgibbney 2013-07-19, 18:09
Anyone is able to open a ticket in the Bigtop Jira here [0]. You will need
to sign up for a username as as on the wiki.
The rule of thumb here is to make an attempt to check if a similar ticket
is already open before opening new tickets.
You can make the changes to the Bigtop trunk code and generate a patch as
follows

//make a new branch
git checkout -b $ISSUE_NUMBER
//make local changes and commit them
git format-patch master --stdout > $ISSUE_NUMBER.patch

Apply your patch to the issue you created in Jira. Folks can then apply
your patch and run with it.

I would like for some Bigtop PMC's to jump in here as maybe a feature
branch for every patch is a bit of an overkill.

hth

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP

--
*Lewis*