Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 18:15, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> All,
>>   Steve Loughran has done some great work on defining what can be called Hadoop at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Defining%20Hadoop. After some cleanup from Noirin and Shane, I think we've got a really good base. I'd like a vote to approve the content (at the current revision 12) and put the content on our web site.
>>
>> Clearly, I'm +1.
>>
>> -- Owen
>
> I'd like to make another suggestion. Currently we call two types of
> things powered by Apache Hadoop:
>
> 1. Something that runs on Hadoop (eg HBase or Karmasphere)

To be completely precise Karmasphere doesn't 'run on Hadoop'. Their
products "integrate with a variety of Hadoop distributions and related
technologies..." as you can see here
http://karmasphere.com/Miscellaneous/overview.html. Although in case
of HBase you right ;)

Cos