Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Hadoop release candidate 1.2.0-rc1

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-06, 18:11
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-06, 18:36
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-10, 16:44
+
Jason Lowe 2013-05-11, 01:35
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-11, 19:02
+
Jason Lowe 2013-05-13, 01:23
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-05-13, 03:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-10, 21:45
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-13, 20:13
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop release candidate 1.2.0-rc1
Matt Foley 2013-05-13, 20:32
Hi Chris,
Unless I screwed up my build, hadoop-1.2.0.tar.gz includes the built
artifacts as well as full buildable source and docs.
Hadoop-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz is intended to contain only the built artifacts
("binaries") and deliberately excludes the source
and docs, for those who wish a smaller tarball of binaries only.  The
artifacts in both are from the same build.

So I'll take your +1 on the source tarball :-)
Thanks,
--Matt
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Chris Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 on hadoop-1.2.0.tar.gz (verified checksums, signature, ran some unit
> tests)
>
> but hadoop-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz is missing the source code and can't be built.
> -C
>
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have posted the signed tarballs for Hadoop 1.2.0-rc1 at
> > http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.0-rc1/
> > Release notes are at:
> > releasenotes_1.2.0-rc1.html<
> http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.2.0-rc1/releasenotes_1.2.0-rc1.html
> >

> > I'm having a little trouble with Nexus (it seems to have forgotten I
> exist)
> > but am working on that and will post to Nexus as soon as possible.
> >
> > In the meantime, unless there are objections, I'd like to start the vote.
> > Please review this release candidate and vote it for release.  Vote will
> end
> > in seven days as usual, at 11:30am PDT on Monday 13 May.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --Matt
> > (release manager)

+