HBase >> mail # dev >> ANN: The 4th hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download

+
lars hofhansl 2012-10-07, 20:56
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-10-12, 01:10
+
lars hofhansl 2012-10-12, 01:40
+
lars hofhansl 2012-10-07, 21:00
Re: ANN: The 4th hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download
I'm +1 based on tests I've done.  I recompiled and built on top of hadoop
2.0.0-cdh4.0.1 and have  been running TestAcidGuarantees,
TestLoadAndVerify, and hbck while manually killing various region servers
and things seems to have come back fine with one exception.

Master failover (kill the master process, not kill -9) seems to cause jobs
to fail (these jobs create and delete tables).  This problem was present in
all previous versions so it is not worth sinking this one.  I've filed
HBASE-6960 to deal with this.

Jon

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)