From: Daniel Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 6:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Building branch-1-win, Starting Datanode on Windows

Hi all,

I've cloned the branch-1-win branch of Hadoop, and successfully managed to
build it on my Windows 8 machine.
When trying to start a datanode instance, I get the following error:

13/03/04 14:42:47 WARN datanode.DataNode: Invalid directory in
dfs.data.dir: Incorrect permission for C:/hadoop/data, expected:
rwxr-xr-x, while actual: ------rwx
13/03/04 14:42:47 ERROR datanode.DataNode: All directories in dfs.data.dir
are invalid.

The directory exists, and I've set "Allow all" to Everyone.

Is this an issue that should exist in the Windows branch? Is there a way
to massage Windows' file permissions into something the datanode will
accept without further modifications to the code?

Many thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Jones - Consultant
Open Credo Ltd - Excellence in Enterprise Application Development

Mobile: +44 (0)79 8000 9153
Main: +44 (0)20 3393 8242

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://twitter.com/BinaryTweedNet
www.opencredo.com

Registered Office: 5-11 Lavington Street, London, SE1 0NZ Registered in
UK. No 3943999

If you have received this e-mail in error please accept our apologies,
destroy it immediately and it would be greatly appreciated if you notified
the sender.  It is your responsibility to protect your system from viruses
and any other harmful code or device.  We try to eliminate them from
e-mails and attachments; but we accept no liability for any that remain.
We may monitor or access any or all e-mails sent to us.