Zookeeper, mail # dev - Performing no downtime hardware changes to a live zookeeper cluster

Re: Performing no downtime hardware changes to a live zookeeper cluster
Camille Fournier 2012-01-09, 18:31
You can't sensibly round robin within the client code if you re-resolve on
every reconnect, if you're using dns rr. If that's your goal you'd want a
list of dns alias names and re-resolve each hostname when you hit it on
reconnect. But that will break people using dns rr.
You can look into writing a pluggable reconnect logic into the zk client,
that's what would be required to do this but at the end of the day you'll
have to give your users special clients to make that work.